An Italian and Middle Eastern Inspired Life!

An Italian and Middle Eastern Inspired Life!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tutto A Mezzo Prezzo

These are four beautiful Italian words that any girl loves to hear: Everything at Half Price. These words are especially great when they are posted in the window of a shoe store!

One of my new favorites in Florence is a shoe store called Peluso. The shoes are beautiful, but very reasonable...especially at half price. So, my reminders of this trip to Florence will be shoes. I won't tell you how many I got, but I assure you they are gorgeous and I really did not have to spend much at all. Grazie Mila!

Historically, Italian Shoes are admired and loved around the world. This can only be expected from a country shaped like a boot! Italian boots are especially gorgeous, and really hot right now. I am pretty sure that everyone at this point in time is required to have a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of beautiful leather boots to go over them. It is like an Italian uniform. Luckily, I fit in just fine, as I brought a pair of boots and skinny jeans. Phew!

And the men's shoe, aye aye aye. They are gorgeous! It is no secret that elite Italian men take their wardrobe VERY seriously. They are usually seen wearing gorgeous leather shoes, a suit, a funky shirt for a little flare, and a beautiful tie. They certainly dress in a way that most men I know would never even think of. However, I think they dress quite interestingly...... quite fun.

Summer Suit


A Typical Pair of Men's Italian Leather Shoes


This is an amazing time for shopping in Italy for many reasons. One, it is right before Christmas, so everyone is offering as many deals as they can to get customers in, get cash fast, and clear their inventory. The sales after Christmas are even more phenomenal. Alex actually does all of his shopping once a year, right after Christmas. He can get 4 gorgeous men's shirts for 50 Euro, sweaters galore, and the suits... do not forget about the suits! He has a really nice wardrobe, but only by taking advantage of the rock bottom prices offered after Christmas.

So it you are planning a trip to Italy and want to shop, I recommend going in December or January, but only if you can handle the cold. I guess if you are too cold, you can just buy a jacket ;-)

Ciao!

No comments: