An Italian and Middle Eastern Inspired Life!

An Italian and Middle Eastern Inspired Life!

Friday, December 5, 2008

A Wonderful Thanksgiving

Dearest Friends and Family. I know I am lagging in my posts, but it has been a packed week. For those of you who did not read my last post, "I do Love Le Cinque Terre and Thanksgiving," Alex and I have been enjoying our first week of engagement!

Thanksgiving was marvelous. Mom and I scoured the city for a can of pumpkin to make a pie, to no avail. SO, we had to do it the old fashioned way (which is how mom always does it anyway) by buying our own pumpkin to make a pie from scratch. We also made a Rustic Apple Pie. Here is a link to the EASY recipe for that (Originally from Martha Stewart):



http://mollysrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/02/rustic-apple-pie.html

The pumpkin pie came out beautifully, even if we had to be creative with the rolling of the dough.

It was not actually a pumpkin that we used. We found an cool squash at a little stand in a piazza. It was very sweet, but tasty. It took us a long time to find the right spices, but in the end it all worked out and we enjoyed our one piece of Thanksgiving together after dinner at Gianni's. We got all dressed up and were the only people in the restaurant. It was perfect!



No comments: